I finally got around to finishing the painting that I’ve been working on recently. I decided to name it “teardrops” since the original sketch I had for it was teardrop-shaped. I posted about it a few weeks ago, but I’ve added a bunch of final touches.

Since the last post, I cleaned up a bunch of the linework, fixed several mistakes, and added a bunch of shadows for depth.

Once I was done with the actual painting, I sealed it with 3 coats of Golden Satin Polymer Varnish with UVLS. This varnish is actually pretty cool. It adds a nice matte finish which makes the painting look more “finished”. It also protects the colors from UV light, which over time can cause the color in the painting to fade.